Monday, October 6, 2008

If you're a woman do you have to vote for a woman? NO!!!!

Wow, this NPR roundtable blew me away. It's great to hear other people articulate so eloquently why we should vote for policy, not for the race or gender of a candidate. Really worth a listen! I've also included the link to the Richard Trumka video they reference because I wanted to see what this white male labor union leader had to say about racism. I think it's always important for us to examine our own beliefs when we're making a descision, because our gut reactions are not always the most enlightened. I'm working hard these days to be more than my animal insticts.



I've also included more programs about racism and our current campaign below. Very, very interesting:
- NPR, Spet. 11, 2008, Does Race Matter pt 1
- NPR, Sept. 11, 2008, Does Race Matter pt 2

No comments: